Iconic Christmas & Ornamental Christmas


A few weeks ago I attended my regular craft session with my good friend Katrina.(http://katrinaspapercraftingcorner.blogspot.co.uk/)  We used the Iconic Christmas Photopolymer Stamp Set and the Ornamental Christmas Framelits Dies.  You can purchase these individually or can save a few pounds by purchasing the bundle, which is priced at £42.25.


We used various techniques to create the card and I wanted to share with you some of the techniques, which I am very new to.

So to start with, I mounted green and white card stock on to a blank note card, and then stamped the Christmas Tree using Garden Green ink onto another piece of green card stock.  

Then using the Versa Mark and Embossing Buddy (which prevents extra dust, powder etc sticking to your project), you simply rub the embossing buddy over your paper, and then using your chosen stamp, which you will have stamped onto the versa mark, you then stamp your card.

As you can see from the stamp, only some of the tree decorations are present, this means that the embossing powder will only stick where these decorations are and not over the whole tree.

Then using silver embossing powder, I covered my stamped tree, and then gently lifting the card up to remove all the excess powder, I then was ready to heat emboss.


The heat embosser gets very hot, and I love the magic of the embossing powder becoming shiny on your cardstock.


This was what the card looked like after embossing silver, I then did exactly the same process, but used a different stamp, which picks out different decorations, and this time used white embossing powder.


Doesn't it look beautiful.  I then put the card through the big shot to cut out the tree shape, along with a number of the decorations.  I then mounted this onto my note card, and very carefully using double sided foam dimensionals, I stuck down each individual decoration onto the Christmas tree.  


As you will see, this gives the Christmas tree a 3d effect, which looks really good. 


I then stamped my sentiment using the Versa Mark again to get a raised shiny effect, and finished off with a couple of reindeers in the corners.


I absolutely love how this turned out, it looks really effective and will make someone smile when they receive this at Christmas.

I then had a play and used the Marvelous Markers to create another Christmas card using the same stamp set.  I simply stamped the card and then sat and coloured - which I love doing.


I hope you have enjoyed this blog and found it interesting.  If you fancy having a go please do drop me a message, I'd love to hear from you.

Until next time, take care, Vicky xx










No comments:

Post a Comment