Showcasing the 'C' Word...

Today I had a rare few minutes to myself, so photographed some projects I have made recently with the theme of the 'C' word.  Yep you guessed it - CHRISTMAS!!!  There are only 17 weeks to go until Christmas, which is such a scary thought.  What's even more scarier is that a number of shops are already filling their shelves with tins of chocolates, toiletry gift set, etc.

The first card I want to share is one I made at my team retreat in June, using a technique called masking.  A very lovely fellow demonstrator by the name of Janice Thomson (http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/jazzledazzle/) cased this card.  I started off by placing a round post in note onto the middle of the card, and then using Peace this Christmas stamp set, I stamped around the post it note.  Once I had finished, I peeled off the post it note, and then stamped my sentiment in the middle.  I love the effect this has made.

A fellow demonstrator, who just happens to be a very close friend of mine, Katrina King (http://katrinaspapercraftingcorner.blogspot.co.uk/) runs weekly craft workshops, which is where I discovered Stampin Up.  Last week we used 'Winter Wonder Textured Impressions Embossing Folder'.  I haven't used the embossing technique very much, but I absolutely love the result it gives.  The wonderful thing about this particular embossing folder is that it is double sided so you can use either side.
This particular embossing folder is from the new Autumn & Winter catalogue, which is available from 1st September.  I then stamped the sentiment using 'Flurry of Wishes' stamp set which I then heat embossed, and ended with the 'Wink of Stella pen'.

Loving the copper embossing powder result - just seems to stand out better than the silver.

We also made another Christmas card using the 'Carols of Christmas' stamp set and the 'Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies' which again is featured in the Autumn Winter Catalogue, which you can purchase from on 1st September.  I really like how this card turned out.

Hope you have enjoyed this blog post and I look forward to sharing another with you very soon.
  Take Care, Vicky xx
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment